Thursday, March 13, 2008

1 Bag

CC: Would you like this in 1 bag, sir?

Old Yuppie with crumbs in his beard: Well, sure, if you think it can all fit. If you can get it all in there, I'd prefer it in one....You think it'll all fit? In the one?

CC: (handing packed bag to stupid customer) Yup.

If the cashier or the person bagging your groceries asks if you want your items in one bag, they will fit. The subject would have never been raised for you to approve of if the trained professional had not already ascertained that it was in fact a physical possibility for the items to go in one bag. Trust me, it is in the best interests of the me, the employee, that your bag not explode the second you step away from my register. I'm not out to ruin your day, at least not in a way that could cause me any extra work.

And on the subject of doubling your bag: just ask for it. Don't play coy, hinting around that you have to walk 100 blocks in the driving rain or that you plan to tie your bags to the handles of your 10-speed. If your bag needs doubled, I will do it. If you just want it that way because it calms the OCD or will bring you one step closer to re-doing your living room in WF bag slipcovers, then just f-ing pipe up.

I will do anything within reason to make you pay and get the fuck out of my line as fast as possible. For serious.

1 comment:

patrick said...

you mean to tell me that WF hasn't caught on to the "byob" (Bring Your Own Bag" phenomenon yet?

I hate the BBW bag situation. We recently changed the bag design, and added 2 new sizes...people get SO pissed now if their bags are too big...and they ALWAYS ask for extra. Cheap ass people who can't walk their asses to the dolla store, yo! If you really loved someone, you'd spring for a gift bag.